It’s been 31 days since I digitally released the EP for my new project, “Lucid Living“. Want to know the reality for one very DIY independent artist?
Here are the cold hard numbers.
The Marketing Plan
- All my family members, friends and coworkers were informed.
- Over 140 emails were sent to music blogs and campus radio stations. All of which were uniquely written for their requirements.
- I recorded three YouTube videos, two covers & one original.
- I went to a few shows, open mics, and “networked”
- $230 spent in online ads
- Three album sales (two of whom I knew)
- 1,300 listens on soundcloud and 220 listens on bandcamp.
- One music blog post review
- A Russian music blog posted up my music.
- Three college radio stations got back to me and told me that I’ll get played.
- I made new friends : )
- More ads on music blogs
- Playing a free show at Brasserie Beaubien on July 12
- Trying to book shows in Toronto, and Ottawa
- Apply for music festivals (already applied to POP)
- A music video