Happy Earth Day!
Remember, the environmentalist movement is not actually about saving the Earth. The Earth will still be here when humans die out! The movement is actually about maintaining a sustainable environment so that the human race can last! And humans happen to depend on food and the air which depends on an ecological system of clean water, plants and animals!
We are doing our part by:
– Composting up to 40% of our garbage.
– We use the soil to grow our own food. We have more than 300 plants!
– Riding our bicycles as our mode of transportation as much as possible.
– Keeping ourselves informed. Read the labels, read the news, read into everything!
– Starting a clothing line that is 100% organic local cotton (including thread!) with plant based dyes (from my own garden!)! (more details to come!)
It’s not easy, but living in pollution isn’t any easier! I’m not saying we should all do exactly what I am doing, there is more that I could be doing and you could probably do even more! What I want to say is we should try our best to do our part. I lived in a studio apartment for years working full time at an office and still managed to compost and grow a few herbs and even volunteer. Where there is a will, there is a way! There are no excuses! Cynicism is poison for the soul. Ignorance is poison for the brain. Pollution is poison for the body.
Stay connected, stay healthy, stay informed, stay green!